MEET THE GRADS

Meet the December 2019 Grads: Antonio Jenkins

Students from the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences will walk across the stage on Saturday, Dec. 21 as they graduate from West Virginia University, ready to take on the world. As Commencement is upon us, several of our Eberly College graduates reflect on their time at WVU and their plans for the future. 

Antonio Jenkins

Regents Bachelor of Arts student Antonio Jenkins is finishing what he started.

“The best thing that has happened to me at WVU is graduating. I left college in 2007 and always felt like I needed to finish what I started,” Jenkins said. “I began college in 2001. It’s been 18 years, but I am so proud to say I crossed the finish line. So, as I walk the across the stage this December, I am truly thankful for the journey, and I am also so blessed to say I finished.”

For Jenkins, being a Mountaineer means family. When he arrived on campus, he found his home in the former summer transition program, STEP.

“The program helped students become acclimated to college life while taking a course the summer prior to their freshman year,” Jenkins said. “While at Towers, I met some of my closest friends, whom I now call family. The STEP program and living at Towers helped me start off my college career right. Being at WVU allowed me to create memories and relationships for a lifetime.”

After graduation, Jenkins looks forward to advancing his career as a probation officer.

“I look forward to challenges of helping individuals fight the battle against addiction, and I hope to one day be an instructor for parole and probation,” Jenkins said. “WVU has prepared me to reach this goal and allowed me to mature into the man I am today.”

Meet other December 2019 grads. 

Tagged with Students