ALEKS Testing Schedule
Placement will begin accepting ALEKS requests 4 days before registration begins. Testing will begin on the first day of registration and will end on the 3rd day of the add/drop period. View these important dates on the Office of the University Registrar's calendar.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all testing will be online.
Please submit a request to be added to the eCampus testing course by completing this ALEKS placement testing request form.
You must take the first attempt as practice. Only attempts 2 and 3 will be proctored and used for placement into a class.
You are required to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser with monitor. You can download this for free on the ALEKS website.Check the requirements and download.
The following rules will be strictly applied to proctored exams:
- You will have a max of 2 hours to take the exam.
- You must have a good connection to the internet and a camera to take a proctored test.
- The entire test will be proctored and recorded. You will not be able to interact with the proctor. WVU will review the recorded exam after it has been validated.
- You may not use a calculator, the internet, a phone or any other electronic device.
- You may not wear headphones, earbuds or a watch of any kind.
- You may only have paper and pencil in front of you. You must show your scrap paper (front & back) to the camera prior to starting the exam and at the conclusion.
- You must be alone in the room at all times.
- The password for the proctored exams is listed in eCampus.
You will be required to review and agree to the Integrity Statement in eCampus prior to entering the ALEKS website.