Skip to main content

Graduate and Doctoral Travel and Research Programs

Application Process

There is no deadline to apply to each program. However, department chairs are required to submit a spreadsheet with all their applicants information to the Office of the Dean by the first Monday of each month (unless it’s a holiday, then it becomes the first Tuesday), so you are encouraged to submit your applications to your department chair the final week of each month for them to review your application and submit the spreadsheet in a timely manner.

The ECAS Graduate Student Travel and Academic Affairs Doctoral Travel programs are for students presenting a paper or poster presentation as first author. We do not award funding merely for conference attendance or professional development. Doctoral students may apply simultaneously to the ECAS and Academic Affairs travel programs.

Please note that older versions of the applications (prior to 2017-18) will no longer be accepted.  

Academic Affairs Doctoral Research Program and Application

Application Process

There is no deadline to apply to this program. This program follows our older method of submission:

  • Student completes the application above and provides it to their department chair electronically via email.
  • The department chair reviews, adds funding and approves the application before sending it directly to . Please allow 10 business days to review your application at the Office of the Dean level.

The Academic Affairs Doctoral Research Program is for students conducting research for their dissertations. Funding is not available for traveling to a conference or presenting their work.