Meet the Grads

Meet the Grads: Bethani Turley

Students from the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences will walk across the stage on Sunday, May 12 as they graduate from West Virginia University, ready to take on the world. 

As Commencement is upon us, several of our Eberly College graduates reflect on their time at WVU and their plans for the future.

Bethani Turley is a Charleston, West Virginia, native and a geography master’s student.

Bethani Turley

“The geography master’s program has given me valuable experience in designing, conducting, analyzing and presenting research,” she said. “I will use this experience in my career in both academic and non-academic settings.”

Following graduation, Turley plans to conduct funded fieldwork for the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation through the Central Appalachian Folk and Traditional Arts Planning and Survey Project.

“I am looking forward to working on a project over the summer about traditional arts programming in West Virginia,” she said. “I will be documenting traditional arts in the northern panhandle and northwestern West Virginia and interviewing individuals who participate in traditional arts programming.