Meet the grads

Meet the Grads: Pamela Nestor 

Students from the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences will walk across the stage on Sunday, May 12 as they graduate from West Virginia University, ready to take on the world. 

As Commencement is upon us, several of our Eberly College graduates reflect on their time at WVU and their plans for the future. 

Pamela Nestor is an English and strategic communications double major from Spanishburg, West Virginia. After graduation, Nestor plans to find a position in Morgantown and looks forward to experiencing the city in a new light.

“I’m excited to find an editing job in the Morgantown area and spend a year exploring the town as a working professional,” she said.

Pamela Nestor

Nestor decided to pursue professional editing as a career because of her passion for writing. She wants to challenge the misconception that English majors only become educators.

“When people learn I am an English major, the most common response is, ‘So, you want to be a teacher?’ And while that is an option, it's not what I have chosen,” Nestor said. “The writing and editing classes in the professional writing and editing area of emphasis have taught me what I need to be a successful technical editor.”

Nestor stresses the important of following your passions and embracing the inevitable change that comes with growth.

“You change so much as a person in four years,” Nestor said. “I'm quicker to seize opportunities, and I'm much more patient. Most importantly, I've learned that life is too unpredictable to not embrace what you love.”