Meet the grads

Meet the Grads: Jana El-Khatib 

Students from the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences will walk across the stage on Sunday, May 12 as they graduate from West Virginia University, ready to take on the world.

As Commencement is upon us, several of our Eberly College graduates reflect on their time at WVU and their plans for the future.

Hurricane, West Virginia, native Jana El-Khatib is a psychology major and Arabic studies minor.  

She is a 2019 Fulbright Scholar and will use the award to teach English in Malaysia.

Jana El-Khatib

“I have a strong desire to delve into the culture of Malaysia where there is the influence of various countries. I believe it will be a gratifying experience, allowing me to fully engage in other cultures and to spread knowledge while gaining it as well,” El-Khatib said. “I feel that my background in teaching and my background in psychology and Arabic studies will bring a unique perspective.”

El-Khatib hopes to attend dental school following her work abroad.

“I plan to use my experience in helping me become a better dental care provider,” she said. “I hope to be a part of an initiative improving the health of people in rural and remote areas of the world through primary care practices including hands-on diagnosis, treatment, prevention and education.”