The Center for Resilient Communities is seeking current WVU students for its 2019-2020 Community Leadership and Social Action Fellowship. The year-long program will cultivate the next generation of leaders for social action in Appalachian communities and beyond.
CLSA fellows will enter a one year advanced college-level program that trains you and other WVU students in relevant skills for building community, helps you realize your potential as a leader and gives you practical experience in community work.
During the fellowship you will:
- Join a dynamic cohort of WVU students
- Participate in a year-long seminar on Resilient Communities and Social Change in Appalachia
- Receive social justice leadership and skills training
- Travel to visit community leaders and collaborative initiative
- Design a Social Action Project
- Earn a mini-grant to support your social action project
- Participate in an annual retreat
If you are interested in becoming a fellow or have questions about the fellowship, please contact Center Director Bradley Wilson at Bradley.Wilson@mail.wvu.edu for more information.