WVU students make a difference in the lives of their peers, advance learning outside the classroom, offset cost of higher education

Opportunities to serve fellow students, faculty and staff abound for student employees at West Virginia University who also advance their learning outside the classroom and offset the cost of earning their degrees. 

Four students who create programs that advance the University’s mission, navigate the challenges of student life and who help others break down barriers to academic success have been recognized for their leadership and service through the Herman L. Moses Scholarship. Meet the Eberly College recipient, senior forensic and investigative science major, Mikalaa Martin. 

Mikalaa Martin

Mikalaa Martin
MidFit Academic Coach, Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
Senior, Forensic and Investigative Science
Granite Falls, North Carolina 

"Not only am I rewarded daily through my work, but I am able to carry on Moses’ legacy of being committed to helping students on campus. I am very grateful for my time spent with Mindfit and the leaders who have provided me with never-ending support and guidance in my tutoring position. This scholarship has allowed me to participate in co-curricular activities that have furthered my knowledge in the forensic science field and gain additional experiences such as presenting my research at regional conferences.”

Read the full announcement.