Academic Enrichment Program
The Eberly College of Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Academic Enrichment Program is intended to assist undergraduate students majoring in programs in the Eberly College to participate in activities that complement, extend and enhance their academic experiences at West Virginia University.
- Students may receive funding for one activity per academic year.
- Students must apply individually to the program; no group applications will be accepted.
- Students must submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of the activity for which financial support is being sought; and ask a faculty member to provide a recommendation in support of their application.
- Faculty recommendations in support of student applications must be received at least two weeks in advance of the start date of the activity for which the student has applied for funding.
- As the Academic Enrichment Program is a reimbursement program, students should retain all receipts associated with the activity for which they have been awarded funding.
- Per University policy, academic enrichment funds issued to students must be applied to their student financial aid account for disbursement.
Undergraduate students seeking to apply for academic enrichment support should submit the following:
- Students who wish to apply for Academic Enrichment Program funds should submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of the activity for which financial support is being requested.
- Students must ask a faculty member to provide a recommendation in support of their academic enrichment application. Faculty recommendations must be received two weeks prior to the start of the activity for which funding is being requested.
The Academic Enrichment Program is supported by contributions to the College’s Centennial Campaign Endowment as well as from many other endowments established by alumni and friends of the Eberly College. Students who participate in the program should be willing, upon request, to write a letter describing to a donor how support from this program contributed to and enhanced their undergraduate academic experience at WVU.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences.