- Recognize and evaluate ethical, social legal, and political values intertwined in the production and consumption of technical communications.
- Analyze the uses and applications of new communication technologies.
- Acquire historical and critical understanding of rhetorical theories and practices.
- Master research and analytical methods, those related to oral, written, and visual communication.
- Acquire a practical and theoretical understanding of workplace dynamics, including client relations and project management skills.
How will I focus my studies?
Students complete professional writing electives in related subjects to narrow their focus. Elective areas include development and circulation of texts, humanities computing, communication theory, design and production of texts, language theory and online text production